With Calendar’s Salesforce integration, you can automatically create and/or update Salesforce records as meetings are scheduled through Calendar. Specifically, you will be able to:
- Automatically create or update Salesforce contacts
- Automatically create or update Salesforce calendar events
Steps (detailed instructions below):
- Connect the Salesforce account in to your calendar account
- Install the calendar package to the user’s Salesforce account (Sandbox or Live environment)
- Schedule meetings via your Calendar scheduling page
1. How to connect Salesforce account to Calendar
IMPORTANT: You must use or higher.
- In Calendar, visit your page and select Salesforce.
- Select Integrate Now.
- Test: To test and customize your setup before going live, you can connect your Salesforce sandbox.
- Note: By default, the installed Calendar package comes with two flows to help you get up and running. The logic of these flows can be customized, and new flows can be created to best fit your company’s current setup. The default flows are:
- Create or Update Contact Flow
- Cancel Event Flow
2. Install the calendar package to the user’s Salesforce account
- Enter your Salesforce credentials, and select Log In.
- Select allow access.
- Once your Salesforce account is connected, you need to install the calendar package.
- Select Install the Calendar package, and then select Install for All Users. Select Install.
Once installation is complete, select Done.
IMPORTANT: If you see an error during installation, you may be using the Group or Professional edition of Salesforce. Your must be Enterprise or higher to integrate via web service API.
3. Schedule meetings via your Calendar scheduling page
Once the steps above are complete, when people schedule with you, the Salesforce integration will automatically create or update your Salesforce contacts and meetings.